|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
good satellite passes for 19th oct 2012 as seen from Taipei<<BR>>
NOAA 19: 12.56 - 13.08<<BR>>
ITUPSAT: 13.07 - 13.18<<BR>>
NOAA 18: 13.47 - 13.59<<BR>>
F-1: 13.57 - 14.05<<BR>>
ISS: 14.13 - 14.22 <<BR>>
Proposal for playaround Workshop in Taipeh
http://playaround.cc/tiki-index.php In-depth-talk and discussion:
presentation of several topics surrounding satellites
- perception of space in history = in literature (Jules Verne -From the Earth to the Moon) and film (Le Voyage dans la lune - Georges Melliers, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JDaOOw0MEE)
William Kentridge- Voyage to the Moon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd73mA_DkVY&feature=relmfu
currently we know about some ideas and concepts from the european area, we will research about other cultures as well, especially in the asian region.
- history in technology - Sputnik, Gagarin, first men on the moon, cold war
- ionosphere: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/Atmosfeer_Atmosphere_German.PNG
- 3d satellite tracker: https://wiki.mur.at/sat/FolderText
- stations in orbit: MIR, ISS, Tiantong http://www.gizchina.com/2011/09/29/china-launches-module-space-station/
what does it mean to bring people up there, who are they?
- space exploration in general: Hubble, Cassini-Huygens, Arissat, Curiosity;
- space debris
- meteorits http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=470
- TLE (two line elements) - positional data of objects in orbit
- sounds from space http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/sounds/sounds.htm
- sounds of planets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3fqE01YYWs
- sounds of earth http://www.ab9il.net/vlf/vlf1.html
- how to use TLE for sonifications
- Bird spotting - an introduction on how to receive and transmit signals
- antenna: Tree Antenna by OE6LCF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXg3slXlsvE
- salt water antenna by Bruno Vianna, Brasil, http://vimeo.com/27354242
- live stream from ISS http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
- satellite friends vom vietnam F-1 http://fspace.edu.vn/ and radio info: http://fspace.edu.vn/?page_id=27
- CFEsat http://qrg.globaltuners.com/?q=CFEsat&s=1
- public space: what is it in general, what it is in different countries and cultures, what does it mean in regard to the space above and around us?
- artistic practice as the intervention in knowledge: who has access, who gets to post questions, who gets to define and decide upon research questions and exploration in general?
- art projects from present time that deal with satellites and outer space (works annd approaches from Joanna Griffin, Bruno Vianna, and others)
- building a solar balloon
good satellite passes for 19th oct 2012 as seen from Taipei
NOAA 19: 12.56 - 13.08
ITUPSAT: 13.07 - 13.18
NOAA 18: 13.47 - 13.59
F-1: 13.57 - 14.05
ISS: 14.13 - 14.22
The workshop will be based on the ideas lined out in the talk; all participants are warmely invited to search for examples in older and recent history and present time for representations of space, outer space, space flight, UFOs etc - from sciences as well as from art, fantasie, mythology.
presentation, discussion, show of films and other materials, ISS live stream etc
the idea behind: get into the topics, get to know each other, and balance the different types of knowledges together, also balance out technical and artisitc knowledge. and give time for translation, discussion, question, debate.
On basis of the free software Gpredict, we will together with the participants chose those satellites that we want to fish the next day. We will also watch a video that shows a night sky, where the passing of satellites ca be seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tztaK8v8-ck&feature=fvwrel
field trip - Bird Spotting / Satellite Fishing
We all go out to listen to satellites: we bring the equipemnt for this, but maybe we can also try to get in touch with the local amateur radio people and invite them to join us for the trip and bring their antennas and receivers, too. This could be a nice way to connect to another crowd of people.
This day is an excursion, imagine it as a picknick with food and technology. Participants are asked to bring blankets and if the wish their cameras etc.
The experience of Bird Spotting/Satellite Fishing has something strongly intuitiv, and also phenomenological - learning and understanding complex issues by approaching them not only in a technical and scientific way, but also with other senses, among them via the movement of/with the body.
Sonifications with TLE
part one: installations of software (gpredict, ... )
part two: funcube dongle (USB-device, which we bring) and software to recieve transmitted signals from satellites
part three: conceptual work on new art pieces
field trip II
preparations: same setting as first field trip: we chose satellites that we want to fish and record those signals
further work on conceptions for new art pieces
preparations for presentation
Collection of links
space debris braunschweig: 20000days in space http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkfKnxX-L0k&feature=related
satellites wondering over night sky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tztaK8v8-ck&feature=fvwrel
NOAA - Information frequently asked questions: http://noaasis.noaa.gov/NOAASIS/ml/faqs.html#faq7
data services: http://noaasis.noaa.gov/NOAASIS/ml/satservices.html
sat status: http://noaasis.noaa.gov/NOAASIS/ml/status.html
NOAAs weather satellite information http://noaasis.noaa.gov/NOAASIS/ml/faqs.html#faq7%3C%3CBR%3E%3E
AMSAT status of satellites of amateur radio http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/satellites/status.php
Russian strategic nuclear forces http://russianforces.org/blog/2011/02/successful_launch_of_the_first.shtml
Gpredict - works with NORAD-data, works offline, updates via the internet gpredict.org